hive-user mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading Hive 0.7/0.8/0.9 to Hive 0.10.0
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 18:37:04 GMT
I'd strongly encourage you to go straight to hadoop-2.2.0 (the hadoop-2 GA release).

Also, I'd look at hive-0.12 which has been well tested against hadoop-2.2.0.

thanks,
Arun

On Dec 17, 2013, at 12:43 AM, Nirmal Kumar <nirmal.kumar@impetus.co.in> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have migrated from Apache Hadoop 1.2.0 to Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta and now I want to
migrate the Hive version(0.10.0 +) as well from an older version(0.7/0/8/0.9).

> This is since the support for Hive to work on YARN in Hadoop 0.23 and 2.x releases has
been supported since 0.10.0.

> I wanted to know that if migrating from Hive 0.7/0.8/0.9 to Hive 0.10.0 requires some
changes in the Hive queries or not. If the queries do need some changes then where can I get
the info.?

> Also are there some steps for migrating Hive 0.7/0.8/0.9 to Hive 0.10.0 ?
>
> Thanks,
> -Nirmal

interception or interference.

--