hive-user mailing list archives

From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject Hive, datanucleus, jdbc, localmode.
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2013 03:27:45 GMT
Hi Hive:

I'm attempting to create a robust eclipse based dev environment for testing my hive jobs in
localmode however I run into classnotfound errors depending on which maven dependencies I
use. Also, it seems when I change these dependencies from hive 0.12 to hive 0.11, I get other
errors related to hive trying to launch jobs via calling /usr/bin/hadoop.

This I am stuck: I can't run hive 12 in local java mode because of subtle datanucleus class
and API inconsistencies which are tough to resolve, and when going to hive 11, it seems local
mode is not natively detected via the jdbc URL...

So I have 2 questions:

0) how does hive 12 versus 11 implement local mode differently ?

And

1) What is the right way to in hive in pure java/ local environments?

The hive book suggests modifying configuration properties, for local mode..

but I also have found  that in hive 0.12 , using the jdbc://hive connection URL automagically
launches jobs in local mode..

However in 0.11 , I see calls to /usr/bin/hadoop when running java classes in local eclipse
environment.

Thanks!

FYI to see an example of my pom.xml, you can checkout the github://jayunit100/bigpetstore
pom.xml file.