hive-user mailing list archives

From <shouvanik.hal...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: Adding a table in HIVE does not create a table on mysql which is the metastore
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:46:15 GMT

From: zeekvfu [mailto:wzmindlog@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2013 12:46 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding a table in HIVE does not create a table on mysql which is the metastore

select * from TBLS;

Some more detailed information:
select * from TABLE_PARAMS;
select * from SERDE_PARAMS;
select * from PARTITION_KEYS;

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM, <shouvanik.haldar@accenture.com<mailto:shouvanik.haldar@accenture.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

I am exploring HIVE options on EMR box from Amazon. Once I create a table from HUE(Hadoop
User Experience) console, I expect a table to get created on MYSQL as this is the metastore.
But I don’t find the table inside MYSQL database.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shouvanik

of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. .

www.accenture.com<http://www.accenture.com>