hive-user mailing list archives

From Andre Araujo <ara...@pythian.com>
Subject Typecasting arrays
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 06:17:38 GMT
Hi, all,

Is there a way to typecast arrays in hive? What I want is that for a
specific select, where I specify and empty array as the value for one of
the columns, for Hive to treat the empty array as array<bigint>, instead of
the default, which is array<string>.

I searched the documentation but couldn't find any reference to casting
arrays. I also tried a few different combinations of the CAST function, but
neither worked for arrays.

Thanks,
Andre

--
André Araújo
The Pythian Group - Australia - www.pythian.com

Office (calls from within Australia): 1300 366 021 x1270
Office (international): +61 2 8016 7000  x270 *OR* +1 613 565 8696   x1270
Mobile: +61 410 323 559
Fax: +61 2 9805 0544
IM: pythianaraujo @ AIM/MSN/Y! or araujo@pythian.com @ GTalk

“Success is not about standing at the top, it's the steps you leave behind.”
— Iker Pou (rock climber)