hive-user mailing list archives

From Nirmal Kumar <nirmal.ku...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Upgrading Hive 0.7/0.8/0.9 to Hive 0.10.0
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:43:53 GMT
Hi All,

I have migrated from Apache Hadoop 1.2.0 to Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta and now I want to migrate
the Hive version(0.10.0 +) as well from an older version(0.7/0/8/0.9).

This is since the support for Hive to work on YARN in Hadoop 0.23 and 2.x releases has been
supported since 0.10.0.

I wanted to know that if migrating from Hive 0.7/0.8/0.9 to Hive 0.10.0 requires some changes
in the Hive queries or not. If the queries do need some changes then where can I get the info.?

Also are there some steps for migrating Hive 0.7/0.8/0.9 to Hive 0.10.0 ?

Thanks,
-Nirmal

or interference.