hive-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Huynh, Chi-Hao" <hu...@initions.com>
Subject Error querying tables managed by hbase
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:02:23 GMT
Dear hive users,

I recently upgraded my single node cluster from CDH 4.5 to CDH 5 Beta 1 which updated Hive
from 0.10 to 0.11 and HBase from 0.94.6 to 0.95.2.

Back in CDH 4.5 I created an external table in hive that is stored in HBase. Querying that
table from hive worked fine, when I added the hive-hbase-handler.jar and the hbase-security.jar
to the cache.
Now in 5 Beta 1, or more precisely with Hive 0.11 and HBase 0.95.2 I get an error when querying
the same table:

The job fails with:
Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.M

The error message being:
Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.MasterAdminProtos$MasterAdminService$BlockingInterface

Note that I add the latest hive-hbase-handler.jar to the cache and a couple of other jars
because I don't know which jar replaced the former hbase-security.jar, namely

Hbase-client.jar
Hbase-server.jar
Hbase-common.jar
Zookeeper.jar
Guava.jar

I don't know what is wrong and ask for your help on this. Thanks!

Mime
View raw message