hive-user mailing list archives

From Thejas Nair <the...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Running Hive 0.12.0 with Hadoop 2.2
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 03:50:25 GMT
It is better to first upgrade hive 0.12 to protocol buffer 2.5 first -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-5112. This will make it
into hive 0.13 release.
If you want a pre-built hive 0.12 that works with hadoop 2.2.x , you
can download one from hortonworks website -
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.6.0/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap13.html
. (that has a few additional patches also, see full list here -
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.6.0/bk_releasenotes_hdp_2.0/content/ch_relnotes-hdp2.0.6.0-hive.html
)

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE