hive-user mailing list archives

From "Valluri, Sathish" <>
Subject Create Table in Hive always throwing the error
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 09:41:12 GMT
When trying to create table in Hive I am always getting the following error always.

Not able to do any hive DDL operations,

FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:java.lang.RuntimeException: commitTransaction
was called but openTransactionCalls = 0. This probably indicates that there are unbalanced
calls to openTransaction/commitTransaction)

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Can anyone help or give any idea on the reason for this failure always.

I have looked into the similar issue reported on Hive
but this is looks like observed intermittently and not always.

Sathish Valluri

View raw message