hive-user mailing list archives

From Andy Sykes <andy.sy...@forward3d.com>
Subject ClassCastExceptions using Hiveserver2 Thrift interface, Hive 0.11
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:44:23 GMT
Hi there,

We're using the rbhive gem (https://github.com/forward3d/rbhive) to connect
to the Hiveserver2 Thrift service running on Hive 0.11.

I've turned SASL auth off with the following in hive-site.xml:

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.authentication</name>
  <value>NOSASL</value>
</property>

When I connect, I get the following stack trace in the Hiveserver2 logs:

13/10/14 17:42:17 ERROR server.TThreadPoolServer: Error occurred during
processing of message.
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket cannot be
cast to org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport
  at
org.apache.hive.service.auth.TUGIContainingProcessor.process(TUGIContainingProcessor.java:35)
  at
org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:206)
  at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
  at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

This didn't happen with Hive 0.10 - we could connect with SASL turned off
without a problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

--
*Andy Sykes*