hive-user mailing list archives

From vivek thakre <vivek.tha...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting evn variables through Hive
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 19:30:21 GMT
Hello,

I am using some legacy binaries as streaming in Hive.
These binaries are dependent on libraries which are installed on all the
nodes of the cluster under /user/project_name/lib

The env variable I want to set is LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Something like LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/user/project_name/lib

I tried setting mapred.child.env property in hive script.

set mapred.child.env="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/user/project_name/lib";

but it errors out without giving any information.

If I remove this, and ship all the required libraries using "add file ..."
the job runs successfully

How do I set this env variable via hive so that all the tasks would pick it
up?

I also want to set LC_ALL and LANG.

I am using cdh4 installation of Hive

Thanks in advance.