hive-user mailing list archives

From Haroon Muhammad <>
Subject RE: HS2 ODBC incompatibility
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:04:00 GMT
Thanks Carl and Tejas!!
Actually my application ( written in C) is based on the ODBC source i.e. makes use of ODBC
client source files. It works fine for Hiveserver1 but fails with Hiveserver2 for obvious
reasons. I am trying to incorporate TCLIService now and facing issue with "FetchResults" i.e.
TFetchResultsResp->results.rows.size() is always zero (I am doing a SELECT which should
return 10k rows in my table).
Would it be possible to share/point to a working thrift client (any language) sample code
for HiveServer2? It would help me verify the steps I am doing.
ThanksDate: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:11:27 -0700
Subject: Re: HS2 ODBC incompatibility

Cloudera has an ODBC driver that is compatible with both HiveServer1 and HiveServer2. More
info here: