hive-user mailing list archives

From "Garg, Rinku" <Rinku.G...@fisglobal.com>
Subject Impala Query problem
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 08:13:37 GMT
Hi All,

We have installed cludera hadoop-2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.2.0 with hive-0.10.0-cdh4.2.0. Both are working
as desired. We can run any query on hive shell.
We also installed cloudera impala 1.1 .  Show tables query works on impala-shell, but select
query on impala shell gives following error:

ERROR: AnalysisException: Failed to load metadata for table: default.sample1
CAUSED BY: TableLoadingException: Failed to load metadata for table: sample1
CAUSED BY: TTransportException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
CAUSED BY: SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Any idea to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Rinku Garg

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.