hive-user mailing list archives

From "Garg, Rinku" <>
Subject Can we reduce/fix number of mappers in Hive
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 12:20:55 GMT
Hi All
We did a successful setup of hadoop- and hive-0.7.1.  We have the following query:

Is there any option in Hive where mappers can be reduced/fixed?

For example if there are 8 mapping tasks defined in Hadoop configuration, then is it possible
to use 4 hive setups that uses 2 mappers each?

Thanks & Regards,
Rinku Garg

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.

View raw message