hive-user mailing list archives

From "Narla,Venkatesh" <Venkatesh.Na...@Cerner.com>
Subject Getting Invalid Table or Column References when running hive query
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 18:20:04 GMT
Hello,

I am running a hive query given below and I am getting this
 Exception:
FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10004]: Line 2:74 Invalid table alias or column reference
'result_data': (possible column names are: resultid, publishdatetime)

select resdata.resultid, resdata.clinical.publishdatetime from result_test LATERAL VIEW EXPLODE
(result_test) exploded_table as resdata where key.consumer_id=' ' and key.person= ' '
and resdata.clinical.publishdatetime=' ' order by resdata.resultid DESC,resdata.clinicaldatacommon.publishdatetime
DESC;

But the following query works fine if I change the column type.

select distinct resdata.resultid  as ResultID,resdata.clinical.publishdatetime as Pubdatetime
from result_test LATERAL VIEW EXPLODE (result_test) exploded_table as resdata where key.consumer_id='
' and key.person=' ' ORDER BY Pubdatetime ASC,ResultID DESC;

Can any body help me  what was the problem with the first query. If we use order by in hive,
do we have to reference the column name which I did in second query.

Thank you