hive-user mailing list archives

From "Narla,Venkatesh" <Venkatesh.Na...@Cerner.com>
Subject Performing MULTIPLE DISTINCTS on Columns using Hive
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:44:23 GMT
Hello,

I  am using Hive to analyze some data. As part of my hive queries I am trying to do Distinct
 select on different columns and I am not able to get that well.

I am performing explode on data as its type is array<struct>. I am not able to

Select DISTINCT (lateral_test.id, lateral_test.person.datetime) from hive_test LATERAL VIEW
EXPLODE(key.data) explodedtable as lateral_test  where key.id=1 and key.prson=test
And lateral_test.person.datetime=12345669

Exception:

FAILED: ParseException line 1:37 missing ) at ',' near '<EOF>'
line 1:84 extraneous input ')' expecting FROM near '<EOF>'

I have also tried this way by modifying my query.

Select DISTINCT (lateral_test.id), DISTINCT(lateral_test.person.datetime) from hive_test LATERAL
VIEW EXPLODE(key.data) explodedtable as lateral_test  where key.id=1 and key.prson=test
And lateral_test.person.datetime=12345669

Exception:

FAILED: ParseException line 1:40 cannot recognize input near 'DISTINCT' '(' 'result_data'
in select expression

I would appreciate if any body could guide me where I am doing wrong or how I should be able
to proceed with that. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
VN