hive-user mailing list archives

From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: load data stored as sequencefiles
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:21:46 GMT
Anyone?

From: Artem Ervits [mailto:are9004@nyp.org]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 11:18 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: load data stored as sequencefiles

Hello all,

I'm a bit lost with using Hive and SequenceFiles. I loaded data using Sqoop from a RDBMS and
stored as sequencefile. I jarred the class generated by sqoop and added it to my create table
script. Now I create a table in hive and specify "STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE", I also "ADD JAR
SQOOP_GENERATED.JAR". Then I try to insert data with the same generated jar added. I also
specify

SET hive.exec.compress.output=true;
SET io.seqfile.compression.type=BLOCK;

LOAD DATA INPATH '/TEST/SeqFiles/201308300700/part-m-00001' INTO TABLE tblname;

When the query executes, I see this "[num_partitions: 0, num_files: 2, num_rows: 0, total_size:
478662618, raw_data_size: 0]"

When I select on the table,  I get org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.SerDeException: class org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe:
expects either BytesWritable or Text object!

So my question is, how do I specify my generated class along with SequenceFileInputFormat
in my create statement? How do I specify the inputformats?

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.

Confidential Information subject to NYP's (and its affiliates') information management and
security policies (http://infonet.nyp.org/QA/HospitalManual).