hive-user mailing list archives

From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: FAILED: ParseException line 12:0 mismatched input 'Comment' expecting Identifier near ',' in column specification
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:52:59 GMT
Anyone?

From: Artem Ervits [mailto:are9004@nyp.org]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 5:07 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: FAILED: ParseException line 12:0 mismatched input 'Comment' expecting Identifier
near ',' in column specification

Hello all, I'm trying to create a table with a column called "Comment" and I get the following
exception:

FAILED: ParseException line 12:0 mismatched input 'Comment' expecting Identifier near ','
in column specification

I am running hive-common-0.10.0.23.jar version of Hive. Is that a bug or a feature? I understand
that you can insert comments in DDL statements but what if a column name happens to be a reserved
word, as in this case?

Thanks

Artem Ervits
Artem@nyp.org<mailto:Artem@nyp.org>
New York Presbyterian Hospital

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.

Confidential Information subject to NYP's (and its affiliates') information management and
security policies (http://infonet.nyp.org/QA/HospitalManual).