hive-user mailing list archives

From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject FAILED: ParseException line 12:0 mismatched input 'Comment' expecting Identifier near ',' in column specification
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 21:06:59 GMT
Hello all, I'm trying to create a table with a column called "Comment" and I get the following
exception:

FAILED: ParseException line 12:0 mismatched input 'Comment' expecting Identifier near ','
in column specification

I am running hive-common-0.10.0.23.jar version of Hive. Is that a bug or a feature? I understand
that you can insert comments in DDL statements but what if a column name happens to be a reserved
word, as in this case?

Thanks

Artem Ervits
Artem@nyp.org<mailto:Artem@nyp.org>