hive-user mailing list archives

From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to load /t /n file to Hive
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 19:44:50 GMT
Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the reply. I have a huge file in unix.

As per the file definition, the file is a tab separated file of fields. But I am sure that
within some field's I have some new line character.

How should I find a record? It is a huge file. Is there some command?

Thanks,

________________________________
From: Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com>
To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>; Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: How to load /t /n file to Hive

If your data contains new line chars, its better you write a custom map reduce job and convert
the data into a single line removing all unwanted chars in column separator as well just having
single new line char per line

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:

Please note that there is an escape chacter in the fields where the /t and /n are present.

> [...]
has a tab /t character and a new line /n character in some fields.

>Is there any way to load this file using Hive load command? Or do i have to use a Custom
Map Reduce (custom) Input format with java ? Please advise.

--
Nitin Pawar