hive-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Kruglov <ivan.krug...@booking.com>
Subject Creating partition with __HIVE_DEFAULT_PARTITION__ value
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 14:48:34 GMT
Hello to everyone,

I'm working on the task of syncing data between two tables which have similar structure (read
the same set of partitions). The tables are in different data centers and one table is a backup
copy of another one. I'm trying to achieve this goal through distcp-ing data into target DC
in temporary folder, recreating all needed partitions in target table and moving files from
temporary place to final place. But I'm stuck on issue of creating partitions with value '
__HIVE_DEFAULT_PARTITION__'

So, my question is: Is it possible in hive to manually create partition with '__HIVE_DEFAULT_PARTITION__'
value?

Neither of this way work:
ALTER TABLE table ADD IF NOT EXISTS PARTITION (partition=);
ALTER TABLE table ADD IF NOT EXISTS PARTITION (partition='');
ALTER TABLE table ADD IF NOT EXISTS PARTITION (partition='__HIVE_DEFAULT_PARTITION__');

Thank you.
Ivan Kruglov.