hive-user mailing list archives

From Joey D'Antoni <jdant...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Chocolatey package for Windows
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:08:10 GMT
I've used the Microsoft HDinsight solution that includes Hive 0.9 for almost a year. I haven't
played with the latest HortonWorks distro, but I'm assuming it works fine.

Joseph D'Antoni

On Aug 27, 2013, at 7:47 AM, <simon.2.thompson@bt.com> wrote:

> I think Hortonworks have a distribution that is certified to work on Windows; I thought
this worked as well as the Linux based distro, I’d be keen to hear if this is not a true
impression?

> Simon

Mac. Could we submit a Chocolatey package for Windows, so that they can easily install Hive
with "chocolatey install hive"?