hive-user mailing list archives

From Ritesh Agrawal <ragra...@netflix.com>
Subject Hive UDAF extending UDAF class: iterate or evaluate method
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2013 14:12:33 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to write a UDAF function. I found an example that shows how to implement a UDAF
in "Hadoop The Definitive Guide" book. However I am little confused. In the book, the author
extends UDAF class and implements init, iterate, terminatePartial,  merge and terminate function.
However looking at the hive docs (http://hive.apache.org/docs/r0.11.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/exec/UDAF.html),
it seems I need to implement init, aggregate, evaluatePartial, aggregatePartial and evaluate
function. Please let me know what are the write functions to implement.

Ritesh