hive-user mailing list archives

From Jon Bender <>
Subject Passing mapreduce configuration parameters to hive udf
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:13:37 GMT
Hi there,

I'm trying to pass some external properties to a UDF.  In the MapReduce
world I'm used to extending Configured in my classes, but in my UDF class
when initializing a new Configuration object or HiveConf object it doesn't
inherit any of those properties.  I see it in the Job Configuration XML
when the job runs but my UDF can't pick it up when it creates a new

Are there any other suggested ways of doing this?  I could probably just
add some conf file to distributed cache and load the properties on UDF
initialization, but I figured I could get at the configuration through
other means.

Thanks in advance,

View raw message