hive-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: hive 0.11 on MRv1 Vs. YARN
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:55:37 GMT
Hive 0.11 does run faster on YARN than MR1, but that's due solely to YARN being faster than
MR1.  Hive 0.11 doesn't take any advantage of YARN.  Lots of work is going on to change that
so that future versions of Hive will take advantage of YARN (see all the work in the Tez branch
for example).

Alan.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE