hive-user mailing list archives

From "pandees waran" <>
Subject Re: Numbers display in Hive CLI
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:47:30 GMT
Thanks Stephen! I shall check this . My requirement is controlling the formatting in session
level using some properties set. Looks like, there's no such as of now . Would this be a good
feature in hive cli?
If many people think so, then I can file a feature request.
Sent from Mailbox for iPad

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 8:11 PM, Stephen Sprague <>

> well... a good 'ol search (let's not use the word google) of "hive udf" we
> find this:
> there's a reference to a function called format_number().
> or did you really want the *hive CLI* to format the number? if that's the
> case then no there is no option for that in the hive client.
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:30 PM, pandees waran <> wrote:
>> HI,
>> I see the SUM(double_column) displays the result in scientific notation in
>> the hive cli. Is there any way to customize the number display in hive CLI?
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Pandeeswaran
>> Hi,
>> I am seeing the double values are displayed as scientifi not
View raw message