Thanks, but still not working. Any other ideas?

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com> wrote:
try rank(columntoberanked, columntobegrouped)

in your case rank (userid, city)

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 3:47 AM, Shahar Glixman <sglixman@outbrain.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to use GenericUDFRank described in: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2361, however, no matter
 the query I use, the result is not what I expected.
Assume a user hive table with the format:
Country, City, userId

I'm running the following query:

ADD JAR Rank.jar;
CREATE TEMPORARY FUNCTION rank AS 'com.nexr.platform.analysis.udf.GenericUDFRank';

SELECT
  Country,
  City,
  rank(userId)

FROM
  myTable

DISTRIBUTE BY
  Country,
  City

SORT BY
  Country,
  City
  userId;

For the following table:
US NY 8
US NY 12
US NY 3
US NJ 10
US NJ 26

I'm expecting the following result:
US NY 1
US NY 2
US NY 3
US NJ 1
US NJ 2

But I get:
US NY 1
US NY 1
US NY 1
US NJ 1
US NJ 1

I used also a different rank implementation (http://www.edwardcapriolo.com/roller/edwardcapriolo/entry/doing_rank_with_hive) but results
 were similar. I guess I'm using the UDF the wrong way, but I cant find the correct way.
Any help is appreciated.

thanks

The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do not constitute a legally binding obligation. No legally binding obligations will be created, implied, or inferred until an agreement in final form is executed in writing by all parties involved.

This email and any attachments hereto may be confidential or privileged.  If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person. Thanks.

--
Nitin Pawar