hive-user mailing list archives

From Omkar Joshi <Omkar.Jo...@lntinfotech.com>
Subject Export to RDBMS directly
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 05:04:58 GMT
Hi,

Currently, I'm executing the following steps(Hadoop 1.1.2, Hive 0.11 and Sqoop-1.4.3.bin__hadoop-1.0.0)
:

1.    Import data from MySQL to Hive using Sqoop

2.    Execute a query in Hive and store its output in a Hive table

3.    Export the output to MySQL using Sqoop

I was wondering if it would be possible to combine steps 2 & 3 - the output of the Hive
query written directly to the MySQL database. I read about the external tables but couldn't
find an example where the LOCATION clause points to something like jdbc:myql://localhost:3306/<mysql-schema>/<some-mysql-table-name>.
Is it really possible?

Regards,
Omkar Joshi

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information
for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on
the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must
notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility
or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling
code in this e-mail"