hive-user mailing list archives

From Manickam P <>
Subject RE: Hive Query
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:50:42 GMT
Thanks for your reply.  I need one more info also. I put hive queries in hql file and using
shell script i started executing it in background mode. even if i kill the script process
it is keep on executing queries. How to kill the hive query execution which is in hql file?

Manickam P

Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 17:00:38 +0530
Subject: Re: Hive Query

How does support the in clause
what hive does not support is "subquery inside in clause"
you can perfectly run the query you have written but currently as per my knowledge hive does
not let you do this "select * from table where coln in (select coln from table where coln=blah)"

if you want to use subquery inside in clause then you may take a look at left join