hive-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <cschneiderpub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to terminate a running HIve Query? (Executed with JDBC, Hive Server 2)
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 17:22:11 GMT
I figured out that there are two implementations of the Hive JDBC driver in
the hive-jdbc-0.10-cdh4.2.0 jar.

1. org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement
2. org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement

The 1. implements .close() and .cancel() but it will not delete the running
jobs on the cluster anyway.

Any suggestions?