hive-user mailing list archives

From Hamza Asad <hamza.asa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamic Partition not splitting properly
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 11:10:04 GMT
now i created partition table like
*CREATE TABLE new_rc_partition_cluster_table(
  id int,
  event_id int,
  user_id BIGINT,

  intval_1 int ,
  intval_2 int,
  intval_3 int,
  intval_4 int,
  intval_5 int,
  intval_6 int,
  intval_7 int,
  intval_8 int,
  intval_9 int,
  intval_10 int,
  intval_11 int,
  intval_12 int,
  intval_13 int,
  intval_14 int,
  intval_15 int,
  intval_16 int,
  intval_17 int,
  intval_18 int,
  intval_19 int,
  intval_20 int,
  intval_21 int,
  intval_22 int,
  intval_23 int,
  intval_24 int,
  intval_25 int,
  intval_26 int)
  PARTITIONED BY (event_date string)
CLUSTERED BY(id) INTO 256 BUCKETS
ROW FORMAT DELIMITED
 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
STORED AS RCFile;*

rest of the commands are same. But this time INSERT OVERWRITE query
executed and took time but when i queries from that table, it results none
as it does not contains data. why is this so? and also please tell me how
can i partition my existing table dynamicaly on date so that data splits
equally without mentioning date explicitly?

--
*Muhammad Hamza Asad*