hive-user mailing list archives

From "kentkong_work"<kentkong_w...@163.com>
Subject Re: Re: How to connect to HiveServer 2? (Only through JDBC?)
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:30:04 GMT
hehe, I cann't find any document about the thrift api like you
does somebody know how to use thrift?

2013-06-26

kentkong_work

发件人:Christian Schneider <cschneiderpublic@gmail.com>
发送时间:2013-06-26 22:27
主题:Re: How to connect to HiveServer 2? (Only through JDBC?)
收件人:"user"<user@hive.apache.org>
抄送:

Funny :). But that's really a ugly hack :). I don't know whether i should suggest this :).

2013/6/26 kentkong_work <kentkong_work@163.com>

haha, I sent the same question a few days before, no response yet.
but I find a way to operate hive remotely

use Jsch framework to ssh on the hive machine, and execute whatever sql by using "hive -e
select ... &", then the query will run background.
if you want to know when the query finished, a little complexity,
use Jsch to execute "hive -e select ... >> result.csv &"
then
start a thread, use Jsch to execute "mv result.csv result.c" every 3 mins, you can know if
the mv successful by call Jsch API
if success, then the query ends

2013-06-26

kentkong_work