hive-user mailing list archives

From Sanjay Subramanian <>
Subject Re: Hive skipping first line
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 17:16:25 GMT
Can u try doing a
Hive -e "select * from tablename"
See how many rows this gets u

From: Tim Bittersohl <<>>
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:57 AM
To: "<>" <<>>
Subject: Hive skipping first line

I got some little problem with the content of hive tables.
These table’s contents are generated by pig and do so have no header line, they are accessed
as “TextFile” with an external hive table. When I fetch records through the java hive
library (Version: 0.10.0-cdh4.2.0) with the “hiveClient.fetchN(rowncount)” command, it
seems like he always skip the first line of data. (perhaps he’s expecting a header row?)
How can I avoid this?

Tim Bittersohl