hive-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HADOOP and Query Capabilities
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 16:44:20 GMT
Sorry for the typo in the 3rd answer. I meant, question 1 covers this.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com


On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM, Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Nalin,
>
>      Please find my comments embedded below :
>
> 1. What tools are available to Query Hadoop data in real time vs batch?
> >> Real time : Cloudera Impala, Batch : Hive and Pig..You might wanna have
> a look at Apache Drill <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/drill.html>as well.
>
> 2. I believe HIVE provides a batch interface, not sure on what tools
> within HIVE support the query capabilities against HADOOP ?
>  >>I'm sorry, I didn't quite get this one.
>
> 3. Besides HIVE, are there any other Query tools to query HADOOP data
> (ad-hoc queries) ?
> >>I think question covers this one.
>
> 4. Finally, what skill set is required to use HIVE or other alternate
> tools ? Can business users uses these tools?
> >>I think it should be pretty easy for business folks. It would be helpful
> if you have some SQL knowledge.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Nalin Khosla <nalin.khosla@rogers.com>wrote:
>
>>  Had a quick question wrt to querying HADOOP data;
>>
>> 1. What tools are available to Query Hadoop data in real time vs batch?
>>
>> 2. I believe HIVE provides a batch interface, not sure on what tools
>> within HIVE support the query capabilities against HADOOP ?
>>
>> 3. Besides HIVE, are there any other Query tools to query HADOOP data
>> (ad-hoc queries) ?
>>
>> 4. Finally, what skill set is required to use HIVE or other alternate
>> tools ? Can business users uses these tools?
>>
>> Thanks for your insight.
>>
>> Regards,
>> -nalin
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message