hive-user mailing list archives

From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject how does hive find where is MR job tracker
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 16:49:01 GMT
I have a cloudera cluster, version 4.2.0.

In the hive configuration, I have "MapReduce Service" set to "mapreduce1", which is my MR
service.

However, without setting "mapred.job.tracker", whenever I run hive command, it always sends
the job to a wrong job tracker. Here is the error:

java.net.ConnectException: Call From hqhd01ed01.pclc0.merkle.local/10.129.2.52 to hqhd01ed01.pclc0.merkle.local:8021
failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details
see:  http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused

And the Cloudera Manager doesn't allow me to manually set "mapred.job.tracker". So my question
is how to make Hive point to the right job tracker without setting ""mapred.job.tracker" every
time.

PS. Not sure it matters, but I did move the job tracker from machine A to machine B.

Thx!