hive-user mailing list archives

From bejoy...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: how does hive find where is MR job tracker
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 17:02:01 GMT
Hive gets the JobTracker from the mapred-site.xml specified within your $HADOOP_HOME/conf.

Is your $HADOOP_HOME/conf/mapred-site.xml on the node that runs hive have the correct value
for jobtracker?
 If not changing that to the right one might resolve your issue.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Luo <jluo@merkleinc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 16:49:01
To: user@hive.apache.org<user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: how does hive find where is MR job tracker

I have a cloudera cluster, version 4.2.0.

In the hive configuration, I have "MapReduce Service" set to "mapreduce1", which is my MR
service.

However, without setting "mapred.job.tracker", whenever I run hive command, it always sends
the job to a wrong job tracker. Here is the error:

java.net.ConnectException: Call From hqhd01ed01.pclc0.merkle.local/10.129.2.52 to hqhd01ed01.pclc0.merkle.local:8021
failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details
see:  http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused

And the Cloudera Manager doesn't allow me to manually set "mapred.job.tracker". So my question
is how to make Hive point to the right job tracker without setting ""mapred.job.tracker" every
time.

PS. Not sure it matters, but I did move the job tracker from machine A to machine B.

Thx!