hive-user mailing list archives

From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 18:34:44 GMT
Thanks Sanjay

________________________________
From: Sanjay Subramanian <Sanjay.Subramanian@wizecommerce.com>
To: bharath vissapragada <bharathvissapragada1990@gmail.com>; "user@hive.apache.org"
<user@hive.apache.org>; Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@yahoo.com>
Cc: User <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

Hi Raj

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Quick-Start/cdh4qs_topic_3.html

Installing CDH4 on a Single Linux Node in Pseudo-distributed Mode

On the left panel of the page u will find info on Hive installation etc.

I suggest CHD4 distribution only because it helps u to get started quickly…as developers
I love to install from individual tar balls but sometimes there is little time to learn and
execute

There are some great notes here

sanjay