hive-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Pawar <>
Subject Re: Connecting to Hive
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:09:08 GMT
hello Rob,

hive does have both jdbc and hiverserver as well so you can connect them
the issue here would be more of
1) how will you keep the data in sync between hive and your datastore
2) There are plenty of queries which work on properietary databases but
will not work on hive as it is
3) how are you planning to decide which query goes to which datastore?

Others will have far more details questions as well but never heard anyone
doing a dual live setup where queries can run anywhere on traditional data
stores as well as hive on the fly

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:17 PM, ur lops <> wrote:

> Hi,
>      I have very generic question but I am looking to get some guidance
> from the community.  I have a  proprietary database system with
> SQL interface. But, we are exploring the opportunity to submit the SQL by
> the client and my query can go to hadoop or the proprietary database.
>        My question is: what are the options for me to do it and their pros
> and cons.
> I kmnow few options like: using odbc driver, using rest api or using
> thrift client.
> Does anyone has experience with them. It would be great to hear their
> experience
> Best
> Rob

Nitin Pawar