hive-user mailing list archives

From Sanjay Subramanian <Sanjay.Subraman...@wizecommerce.com>
Subject hive.limit.optimize.fetch.max
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 03:21:56 GMT
Hi
I have following settings in the hive-site.xml
<property>
  <name>hive.limit.row.max.size</name>
  <value>10</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.limit.optimize.enable</name>
  <value>true</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.limit.optimize.fetch.max</name>
  <value>11</value>
</property>

When I do a select query with WHERE clause it does not LIMIT The results
to 10.

How do u limit the SELECT query results to 10 rows ?

My end goal is I want to create a GROUP in Hive in production that allows
only MAX LIMIT 10 rows returnedŠbecause I don't want business analysts
going SQL happy on Beeswax and bringing my server down with heavy duty
queries

Thanks
sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE