hive-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS directory in /user/hive/warehouse getting "hive" as Owner ?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 03:08:06 GMT
Can you enable this property ?
also can you run "show grant user userid" ?

there was a bug for this
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2405fixed in 0.8.0 so
hopefully you will not hit this.

if enable this property and grant permissions to create table to the user,
it means user can add partitions.
from language manual
CREATE - Allows users to create objects. For a database, this means users
can create tables, and for a table, this means users can create partitions
.. you can refer the entire table at
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-auth.html



On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Sanjay Subramanian <
Sanjay.Subramanian@wizecommerce.com> wrote:

>  I am using
> Hive Version: 0.9.0+155-1.cdh4.1.2.p0.21~precise-cdh4.1.2
> My metastore is MySQL
>
> My hive.security.authorization.enabled is set to false as of now…I am not able to add
partitions if I keep that as true
>
>  <property>
>     <name>hive.security.authorization.enabled</name>
>     <value>*false*</value>
>     <description>enable or disable the hive client authorization</description>
>   </property>
>
>  I have not defined a property=hive.security.authorization.manager
>
>  Thanks
> sanjay
>
>   From: Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com>
> Reply-To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>
> Date: Monday, March 25, 2013 7:43 PM
>
> To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: HDFS directory in /user/hive/warehouse getting "hive" as
> Owner ?
>
>   YARN should not play any role in any create table statement. It just
> creates a directory with DFSClient. Normally it tries to create it with the
> cli userid in my experience.
>
>  which version of hive are you using?
> which is your metastore?
>
>  Can you check for the following values?
>
>  <property>
>     <name>hive.security.authorization.enabled</name>
>     <value>true</value>
>     <description>enable or disable the hive client authorization</description>
>   </property>
>
>   <property>
>     <name>hive.security.authorization.manager</name>
>     <value>org.apache.hcatalog.security.HdfsAuthorizationProvider</value>
>     <description>the hive client authorization manager class name.
>     The user defined authorization class should implement interface
>     org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.HiveAuthorizationProvider.
>     </description>
>   </property>
>
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Sanjay Subramanian <
> Sanjay.Subramanian@wizecommerce.com> wrote:
>
>>  Hi Nitin
>> I notice this peculiarity in Yarn and Hive
>> I have another earlier cluster with MRv1 where I have created and run
>> several hive tables and scripts ; The same test Create Table script gives
>> the correct owner name
>>  I added location but that did not help
>> hive -e "CREATE TABLE name (id INT,  name STRING) LOCATION
>> '/user/hive/warehouse/name';"
>>
>>  Thanks
>> Sanjay
>>
>>   From: Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com>
>> Reply-To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>
>> Date: Monday, March 25, 2013 7:13 PM
>> To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>
>> Subject: Re: HDFS directory in /user/hive/warehouse getting "hive" as
>> Owner ?
>>
>>   Forgot to add,
>> if you want full filesystem level security on HDFS then you will need to
>> enable kerberos based security.
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Sanjay,
>>>
>>>  can you try adding 'LOCATION' clause to your create statement.
>>> By default the hive warehouse directory is writable by all the user. To
>>> create it by the individual users you need to provide by the location
>>> clause.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 7:31 AM, Sanjay Subramanian <
>>> Sanjay.Subramanian@wizecommerce.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>>  Steps to recreate the use case:
>>>>
>>>>  - Log in as *sasubramanian* to Linux Box
>>>> - Execute hive -e "CREATE TABLE name (id INT,  name STRING);"
>>>> - Go to HDFS /user/hive/warehouse/
>>>>
>>>>  Name  Type  Size  Replication  Block Size  Modification Time
>>>>  Permission  Owner  Group
>>>> name  dir                                  2013-03-25 18:57 rwxr-xr-x
>>>>   *hive*   supergroup
>>>>
>>>>  I want the table top be created as Owner = sasubramanian
>>>> How can I do that ?
>>>>
>>>>  Thanks
>>>> sanjay
>>>>
>>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>>> ======================
>>>> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the
>>>> intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
>>>> information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
>>>> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
>>>> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along
>>>> with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended
>>>> recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject
to
>>>> access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>   --
>>> Nitin Pawar
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>  --
>> Nitin Pawar
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> ======================
>> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the
>> intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
>> information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
>> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
>> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along
>> with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended
>> recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to
>> access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.
>>
>
>
>
>  --
> Nitin Pawar
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> ======================
> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the
> intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
> information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along
> with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended
> recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to
> access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.
>



-- 
Nitin Pawar

Mime
View raw message