hive-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Gayakwad <a.gayak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while table creation
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 08:44:48 GMT
Duplicate CD_ID in CDS table was linked to an old table which was created
before hive 0.7.0 to 0.9.0 migration, this might be causing this issue. I
am still debugging this issue , looks like there was some problem in
upgrade.

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 8:47 PM, Dean Wampler <
dean.wampler@thinkbiganalytics.com> wrote:

> If you upgrade Hive, you have to do a upgrade/migration on the metastore
> database. There are scripts that come with hive distributions for this. If
> you're starting from scratch, you could just drop the old database.
>

> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 1:23 AM, Abhishek Gayakwad <a.gayakwad@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> it is an old installation, we recently upgraded hive 0.7.0 to 0.9.0
>>
>> and we are not using "if not exists" clause
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Ramki Palle <ramki.palle@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering if your create table syntax include "if not exists" such
>>> as
>>>
>>> CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS my_table (

>>> )

following error, hive version is 0.9.0

using statement "INSERT INTO `CDS` (`CD_ID`) VALUES (?)" failed : Duplicate entry 'XXXXX'
for key 'PRIMARY'