hive-user mailing list archives

From Echo Li <echo...@gmail.com>
Subject Hive index rebuild
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:40:37 GMT
Hi,

I created index and try to rebuild by partitions, however it did not work.
Here is my script to create and rebuild index:

create index ix_name_cid on table a (customer_id) as
'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.index.compact.CompactIndexHandler' WITH DEFERRED
REBUILD;

alter index ix_name_cid on a partition(day=20130319) rebuild;

the table is partitioned by 'day', but I got error :
*
FAILED: SemanticException org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
table is partitioned but partition spec is not specified or does not fully
match table partitioning: {day=20130319}*

the hive version is 0.10. Anybody know what's wrong with my scripts? it
does work when I don't specify any partitions when rebuild though.

Echo