hive-user mailing list archives

From "Nagarjuna Kanamarlapudi" <nagarjuna.kanamarlap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UDFs and Thread Safety?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 03:51:20 GMT
Yes , in a map only query your udf will be executed at the mapper side.

I don't know how you can make your udf thread safe.  But what I do set the number of reducers
to 1 and make sure that I write a query which has both map and reduce.
Then the udf will be executed at the reduce phase and suffice my requirement .
—
Sent from  iPhone