hive-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Backup of MySQL if we have that as Metadata store for HIVE
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 14:30:55 GMT
if you are using hcatalog for metadata store, then you can just setup a
daily cron to take up data bacup with mysqldump.

from what I understand is keep the metadata backup setup from hadoop
operations as you dont really need to complicate it.

Just write a mysqldump query and assuming that you really dont have a huge
metadata store, you can make it hourly or twice a day backup and store in
files
and then you can easily restore from the dump files.

Others may have better solutions but this is how I had done it sometime
back

--
Nitin Pawar