hive-user mailing list archives

From Ibrahim Yakti <iya...@souq.com>
Subject Mapping HBase table in Hive
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 12:45:32 GMT
Hello,

suppose I have the following table (orders) in MySQL:

  Field: id
   Type: int(10) unsigned
   Null: NO
    Key: PRI
Default: NULL
  Extra: auto_increment
*************************** 2. row ***************************
  Field: value
   Type: int(10) unsigned
   Null: NO
    Key:
Default: NULL
  Extra:
*************************** 3. row ***************************
  Field: date_lastchange
   Type: timestamp
   Null: NO
    Key:
Default: CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
  Extra: on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
*************************** 4. row ***************************
  Field: date_inserted
   Type: timestamp
   Null: NO
    Key:
Default: 0000-00-00 00:00:00

I imported it into HBase with column family "id"

I want to create an external table in Hive to query the HBase table, I am
not able to get the mapping parameters (*hbase.columns.mapping*), it is
confusing, if anybody can explain it to me please. I used the following
query:

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE hbase_orders(id bigint, value bigint, date_lastchange
string, date_inserted string) STORED BY
'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler' WITH SERDEPROPERTIES
("hbase.columns.mapping" = " ? ? ? ? ? ?") TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name"
= "orders");

Is there any way to build the Hive tables automatically or I should go with
the same process with each table?

Thanks in advanced.

--
Ibrahim