hive-user mailing list archives

From Dean Wampler <dean.wamp...@thinkbiganalytics.com>
Subject Re: Map Reduce Local Task
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:59:35 GMT
That setting will make Hive more aggressive about trying to convert a join
to a local task, where it bypasses the job tracker. When you're
experimenting with queries on a small data set, it can make things much
faster, but won't be useful for large data sets where you need the cluster.

dean

--
*Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
thinkbiganalytics.com