hive-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive HWI ... request for your experience to be used Production
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 02:23:40 GMT
I think a simple way would be to try tacking an explain in front of it. Explains do not map
reduce so they should be synchronous.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 6, 2013, at 1:58 PM, Manish Malhotra <manish.hadoop.work@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/anjuke/hwi/issues/2
>
> Added an issue for "Integrating HWI with Oozie" ..
> its not an issue but a feature request. Please review and see if it make sense atleast
in long term.

> Plus i want to check 1 more usecase:
>
> 1. Query compilation: When user writes query on the UI, does it give compilation problem
in synchronous way instead of scheduling a query that is not correct?

> Regards,
> Manish
>

> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Manish Malhotra <manish.hadoop.work@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Thanks Edward for explaining ....
>> Im also very much interested in building a robust tool for bringing HIVE more into
Enterprise world where any Data Analyst / ETL developer can use it.

>> Regards,
>> Manish
>>

>> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The hive code is apache licensed. If you want to add you work to hive simple
open a jira on http://issues.apache.org/jira/hive and produce a patch that will apply to hive
trunk. That will start the process.

we're not familiar with how to do so. We will study the licences and chose a proper one.
do this. I think this HWI is not good enough yet.

to this as a true open source software and use it and make it available for community as well?

deployed for our company to use.

there experience while using the HWI in prod or any environment in terms of its stability
and performance.