hive-user mailing list archives

From Keith Wiley <kwi...@keithwiley.com>
Subject Can hive show external table filenames?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:37:38 GMT
"show tables" shows the HDFS directories which correspond to Hive tables and various select
queries show data from inside the files (each row of a file being a row of the overarching
table that the entire directory represents)...or so I have convinced myself...but can Hive
show the HDFS filenames?  Or is "hadoop fs -ls" the only way to do that?

Thanks.

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches
me to suspect that my own is also."
                                           --  Mark Twain