hive-user mailing list archives

From Tony Burton <TBur...@SportingIndex.com>
Subject RE: HWI use on AWS/EMR
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 16:20:24 GMT
Thanks for the quick reponse Dean.

Confirmed that http://ec2-XX-AAA-BB-CCC.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com gives the same timeout.

Doesn't specifying http://<hostname>:9999<http://%3chostname%3e:9999> override
the requirement for port 80 being open?

Is ssh tunnelling the same as the process described by Ariel in the next reply?

From: Dean Wampler [mailto:dean.wampler@thinkbiganalytics.com]
Sent: 18 January 2013 16:09
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: HWI use on AWS/EMR

Oops, I overlooked that you have the public domain name in your message. Can you surf to
http://ec2-54-247-61-206.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com ?  If not, does HWI use port 80?
Is whatever port it uses blocked by EC2?

If it's blocked you can use ssh to tunnel the port through.

dean
On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Dean Wampler <dean.wampler@thinkbiganalytics.com<mailto:dean.wampler@thinkbiganalytics.com>>