hive-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reg: <Real Time Hive query>
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2012 10:06:42 GMT
Hive is not like mysql where u just query and get the results. It will take
time based on data size and query. You may look at oozie if you want to
build an application or look at penatho with hive integration

Hive cli is not only for testing. You can build application using hive cli
and scripting languages

You can use hive thrift server and use it like jdbc but keep in mind this
is never realtime