hive-user mailing list archives

From Mark Grover <grover.markgro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Determining DateDiff By Minutes in Hive
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 20:53:27 GMT
George,
There is a datediff UDF which will tell you the difference between 2 dates.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+UDF#LanguageManualUDF-DateFunctions

You can find the number of minutes with simple arithmetic. Keep in mind
that this method would not account for lost (or gained) minutes due to day
light savings time. If that's important, it will be best to convert precise
timestamps to UTC and then subtract them.

Mark